Welcome to your Friday… let’s get right to the fun recipes I have for you today! Then don’t forget to check out the restaurant deals for the weekend. Have a great day and don’t forget to thank God for the blessings of the day!
It is good to praise the LORD,
to sing praise to Your name, Most High!
~ Psalm 92:1 (HCSB)
FONDUE! Fondue is fun! It’s friendly eating! And it’s simple to make – the prep just takes a little time. I have two yummy fondue recipes for you:
Demon Dip AKA Jack Cheese and Smoky Chipotle Fondue
Makes: 16 servings
Prep: 30 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 4 slices bacon, halved crosswise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red or yellow sweet pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (16 ounces)
- 2 8 ounce carton dairy sour cream
- 2 – 3 teaspoons finely chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- French or Italian bread, cut into bite-size cubes
- Tortilla chips or tortilla chip cups
1. In a heavy, medium saucepan, cook bacon till crisp. Remove bacon; reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in pan. Drain bacon on paper towels; crumble bacon and set aside.
2. Add green onions, 1/4 cup sweet pepper and garlic to saucepan. Cook and stir onion mixture over medium heat about 5 minutes or till vegetables are tender. Stir in flour. Stir in cheese, sour cream and chipotle peppers. Cook and stir over medium-low heat till cheese is melted and mixture is smooth.
3. Transfer cheese mixture to fondue pot. Top with crumbled bacon. Place over a fondue burner; keep warm up to 2 hours. Spear bread cubes with fondue fork; dip in fondue, swirling to coat. Or, dip tortilla chips in fondue. Makes 16 (1/4 cup) servings.
This next recipe is from one of my best friends, Karl. His wife made it for him and he loved it!
1 tablespoon butter
1 pound mushrooms, finely chopped
1 cloves garlic, crushed
1 cup chicken stock
1 cup whipping cream
1 tablespoon cornstarch
Salt and black pepper, to taste
Pinch cayenne pepper
Cheese, for serving
Cooked sausage, for serving
1) Melt butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and garlic; cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add stock and bring to a simmer; cook 10 minutes.
2) Transfer mixture to a food processor; puree until smooth. Set aside.
3) Whisk together cream and cornstarch in a small bowl. Transfer to fondue pot. Add reserved mushroom puree; whisk to combine. Bring to a simmer over medium-high; cook until thickened, stirring.
4) Season with salt, pepper, and cayenne. Serve with cheese and sausage.
Leave a comment and let me know how your fondue turns out!
KRISPY KREME HALLOWEEN COUPON BOOKLET
Krispy Kreme stores are selling a new coupon booklet for $5 that includes 20 coupons for FREE doughnuts inside. You can either use these yourself or hand them out to the trick or treaters. The coupons have no expiration date, but you are limited to one per person, per visit.
FREE PANCAKE FOR KIDS AT IHOP TODAY