A.C. Moore, AC Moore, Blockbuster Express, Blockbuster Express codes, DVD, easy gifts, family activities, family fun, gift ideas, Lowe's Build and Grown, photo scavenger hunt, Scavenger hunt, teacher gifts, things to go, yard sale
Here are some fun ideas for things to do this weekend:
- Check out the local Blockbuster Express kiosk for some family-friendly movies. You can reserve your rentals online and then go pick them up at your convenience. They only cost $1! And don’t forget to search for “Blockbuster Express codes” on the internet to score some free rentals! Here is one to get your started: OMTIM1 (good for one night free rental through midnight 10/9). If you like the movie enough to keep, there is also an option to purchase the DVD for a discounted price. (We got “How To Train Your Dragon” for only $5!)
- Have you ever participated in a photo scavenger hunt? I just found out about this idea, and we will be doing over my son’s Fall Break from school. With the cooler weather, this will be an entertaining way to get our daily walk in! I like the fact that we can “collect” things that we wouldn’t be able to bag in a standard hunt. This can also be a conversation starter; as you walk around your neighborhood, point out things that God created. Share an interesting story about the history of a building or street. Click here to get list ideas for your hunt.
- Lowe’s has a cute Build and Grow workshop for kids this weekend – a Halloween Monster Machine! Sign up here – it’s free!
- A.C. Moore craft stores are offering lots of activities and classes for the month. They have candy-making demos every Sunday from 1-3 p.m. Sounds like fun to me!!! Click here for more information.
- ‘Tis the season… for yard sales! Be sure to get out there early to get the best deals. Check the classified ads in your local city paper and free community publications for this weekend’s sale locations. (Around here we have “Tell-N-Sell” and “The Spirit Newspaper.”) If your city has a Facebook page or Craigslist section, you will want to check there as well. This is a good opportunity to pick up some holiday gifts (think kids’ toys, teacher gifts, treats for nursing home residents, etc.) and you never know what interesting items – and people – you will come across along the way! I met one of my best friends at a community yard sale! It’s also a good way to interact with people and invite them to worship with you this Sunday.
6 “And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. 7 You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. 8 You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. 9 You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates. ~ Deuteronomy 6:4-9